Question
Posted by: pumkin | 2010/11/29

Best school

My 11 year old daughter has been assessed and the psychologist says she shows mildly autistic symptoms. She is in Khanyisa school for kids with learning dissabilities in Plumstead Cape town.
I am not sure if they will have child specific programme that will meet her needs. I would like to know which school will be suitable for her.
She needs to learn a skill that will assist her when she gets older.
Her reading age is 7 years, 6 months.
Full -Scale IQ, verbal IQ, Non verbal IQ is on border line.
Spelling age is 6 years 10 months.
Visual Motor integration age is 5 years 10 months.

Kindest Regards
Mavis Nikani

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

it is a good idea to contact the Vera School in Rondebosch or the Alpha School and speak to their psychologist re suitable placement for your daughter. Also, getting autism specific support might be helpful ito diet and other autism specific guidelines...contact autismDIY in Parow 0219112750 or myself

1
Posted by: Autism Spectrum Expert Forum | 2010/11/30

Reply to Autism Spectrum Expert Forum