Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/03/16

Best procedure

What is the sucess rate for IUI to IVF? Is it beter to undergo continious IUI or can you have breaks in between. I already had 7 IUI with no success but it was over the course of 2 years and I had breaks inbetween

Dear Annie

The success rate of IUI as apposed to IVF depends on the cause/ indications for the procedure. Were the sperm parameters are significantly affected or if there is concomitant ovulation problem or other gynaecological problem associated with the fertility then the IUI’s are less likely to be successful. Overall the percentage success per IUI attempt is about 15% as apposed to 40%-45% success with IVF.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Annie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Oom Piet | 2010/03/17

Hi Annie

In our experience IUI also did not help. Medically speaking IVF has a bigger success rate because they bring the sperm and eggs together and let them fertilise themselfs, where IUI the only inject the spern into you and no one can see what happens on the inside.

Our doctoer told us once that it is better to do continuously as this might increase your chances.

IVF is a different treatment, cost much more and very emotional. We went through the whole list of treatments available. We (Me and my Wife) would like to support couples on their journey to having their desire fullfilled.

If you would like to talk a little more you are welcome to email us at infertiliteit at pvr dot co dot za.

Reply to Oom Piet