Question
Posted by: leigh | 2011-06-18

best diet pill in south africa

Hi Everyone
Can someone tell me what is the best appetite suppressant/diet pill in s.a, over the counter or with a dr. prescription?

tx
Leigh

Dear Leigh
I hope that the other Readers will give you their opinion about 'the best diet pill in SA'. I can unfortunately not comment on this because it would not be ethical. Suffice it to say that I am not in favour of over-the-counter diet pills which can contain potentially harmful ingredients or have no effect on weightloss and thus be a waste of money. If you require an appetite suppressant to help you lose weight, I would recommend that you discuss this with your medical doctor who will be able to advise you based on your medical history and also monitor your reactions to any pharmaceutical diet product he or she prescribes in case you develop side-effects.

5
Posted by: Loula | 2011-06-22

I have been using Duromine 15mg for the past 2 months. At the time my weight was 60.5kg. My current weight now is 51.5kg.
The Duromine works wonders and I had very little side effects. However, because I suffered of low blood pressure and my blood pressure at one staged dropped to 80/60 and I was constantly dizzy. My doctor gave me an injection to push up my blood pressure. Now I am feeling on top of the world and I am determined to keep me weight constant.

Reply to Loula
Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-20

Do you really need pills? I lost over 30 kgs without a pill. Common sense is the best remedy and I''ve never been hungry. I eat whenever I get hungry, just in moderation and with thought.
If you need to curb your cravings try this (cheaper than most pills)
List:
Fresh ginger
Honey
Lemons
Each morning brew 1/2 thumb of sliced ginger, TBS honey, 1/2 lemon with boiling water. Add this to 2 litres of cold water and sip throughout the day between meals.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Lynn | 2011-06-20

Duromines 30mg - works like a bomb. The question is will you be able to maintain? remember u cant take them forever, maximum of 3 Months. And the side effects are horrible for the first 2 weeks (I must warn you).

Reply to Lynn
Posted by: Libran | 2011-06-19

Hi Dietdoc pls help with foll:

1. Pls list all legumes, are split peas also considered legumes?

2. Is ostrich meat and pork considered RED MEAT?

3. What nutrients does ostrich meat contain i,e if i am cutting out red meat will ostrich meat and spinach in the diet make up for iron loss?

4. Where can i buy the cheapest and best organic wheat and gluten free flours to bake wheat and gluten free recipes for an intolerance ? its a medically confirmed intolerance not just a guess.

5 when cutting out all dairy what besides brocolli, salmon can i include to improve on calcium? i cant take calcium supplemnts unfortunately.
thanks so much

Reply to Libran
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-06-18

Dear Leigh