Posted by: Kim | 2009-01-30

Best contraception for first time

We are a newly married couple and I would like to know what is the best form of birth control as its my first time that I will have sexual intercourse.
I am 28 years of age and come from South Africa.
I have heard that a contraceptive called " Nordette"  is best.
I would like some advise with regards to this.
Thank you for all your help.

Nordette is a good Pill to start with. There is no 'best' as people react differently to medications.

Posted by: AA | 2009-02-01

I used Nordette when I got married 5 years ago. I had absolutely no side effects or weight gain. After three years I switched to the Evra patch - you only need to change it once a week. The Evra is slightly more expensive than Nordette, though.

Reply to AA