Posted by: Palig Baghdasarian | 2010-05-23

Best Cardio activity

Hi, I am a basketball player I have been doing my weight training for the past 4 weeks, I am getting stronger and everything. However, my endurance is very low, i love swimming I have started swimming 2-3x a week for 10 min. My question is if i do the swimming program on this website, is it gonna benefit me on the basketball court?

Thank You

Hi Palig

It's not without benefit, but it's also not specific enough to really be a performance enhancing way of training. I'd view swimming as more a "day off" in terms of cross training, getting active recovery, but I would not suggest it as a form of training for basketball. The type of activity is so different, and if you are really after something to hhelp you play better ball, you need to look at a running based cardio session. Specificity is key to training.

Posted by: Palig | 2010-06-06

Thank you, I will take your advice!

Reply to Palig