Question
Posted by: Andre | 2012-10-08

Benzodiazepine withdrawal

I''ve been on Benzo''s for anxiety for the last four months (0.5mg Xanor SR) every morning and evening. I''m coping much better due to CBT therapy. I now want to slowly start the withdrawal process, but am afraid of withdrawal side-effects. Can I cut the pill in half and perhaps start drinking halves in the morning for a few weeks and full dosage in the evenings (don''t think there''s lower dosage Xanor pills)? Also, are there any medication/supplements/etc you would recommend I use to counteract withdrawal side-effects? Thanks

Andre

You can wean yourself off by taking half the dose in the morning and half the dose at night for 7 days. You can then take half the dose in the mornings for another 7 days and then every second day for 7 days. You can then stop completely.

1
Posted by: K | 2012-10-12

Hi there - my doctor put me on Vitamin B vitamins (as well as other anti anxiety meds). I have tried everything over the past few years and belive it or not this combo is working. Vit B works on the nerves etc. Try it, it can do you no harm at all while you wean off the xanor. Good for you for trying CBT. I would like to, but unsure it would work for me. Could you share something of what you have learnt - just a summary ?

Reply to K