Question
Posted by: Why | 2009/02/24

Benefits

I have been working for this insurance (familly)company for three years now and i only have uif benefits so what i want to know is if i resign will this company pay me for the three years i have been with them or they will just say thank you and give me nothing.

i want to resign and want to know if they have a right to force me to work for a notice period.In our contract there is nothing stated about a notice period.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: BENEFITS

Should you resign then you are not entitled to any severance pay. They have a right to force you to work during your notice period. You have to in terms of the law give at least 30 days notice.