Question
Posted by: Siri | 2008/09/30

Bels Palsy

Not sure if spelling is correct of Bels Paly.

I had a mild case of this a few years ago on the right side of my face. It never recovered fully and I have muscle loss and a bit of sagging around my mouth (which shows more wrinkles).

Is there anything you can suggest to help build muscle mass?

This is really very disturbing...

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Siri, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the web and your best option would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner or cosmetic dermatologist or a plastic surgeon who can examine the areas of concern and advise you on the appropriate treatment regime. I am not aware of any product that will help with building muscle but my suggestion and following your description would be to consider using NASHA fillers (Juvederm HV, Ultra or Restylane) to ‘even’ the two sides out or to create symmetry.