Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2010-11-18

Belly Ring Infection 1571

Thank you for your advise: Yesterday I woke up with a very sore throat and by the end of the day I had a severe headache. The infection is still draining and the tummy area is feeling a bit better. Do you think these symptoms are related to the infection. Don''t have a medical aid so don''t want to go to Doc unnecessary. Prev post below:
My Belly ring is infected. Had extreme pain, a lump between the top ball and the stone and a slight discharge. Called the piercing place and they told me to take antiflammotories and to put a broadspectrum topical cream on and to go and see them. I however was in so much pain that I could not bear it and removed the ring. Whilst doing so a lot of pus came out. The whole stomach area was sensitive to touch. I put Xtraxit on and covered it up. I went in to see them in the morning. They said it wasn''''t necessary to remove the ring and said not to use the Xtaxit. They cleaned up the area and put another dressing on and said continue with antiflammoties and topical cream but to leave it open. Said I must come back in 10 days if there is not further problems. Should I go see a Doc or is this advise good enough.

Hallo Brenda,
If you have a headache, fever, sore throat you may need antibiotics (i.e. to see a GP) - it may be totally unrelated to the belly ring infection though. Is your stomach area still sensitive to the touch?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-18

Hallo Brenda,
dr Bets