Question
Posted by: lady | 2011/02/10

Belly fat

Hi. I have a personal trainer and have been training since mid October only off 2weeks in Dec. I train 4 days a week. I do 20-35min cardio before my weight training 30min doing cardio steps after each set. Then 20-30min cardio when I am finished. I also do 30min treadmill 5-6 times a week (interval training, slow fast). I eat say about 90-95% correct. I have had 2 children. The problem is I can’ t get my tummy smaller  it looks like I have a male boop on me. Am I just to in a hurry or am I doing something wrong. I have lost 6% body fat. Thank you

oyYou aren't doing anything wrong, you've just run up against a really difficult problem to overcome. It's really common, and some people just struggle because of genes with specific areas. there's no easy way around it - you are already doing the right kind of training, the cardio and the weights. One thing you might consider is an increase in the intensity of the cardio training. Even if it means cutting down on some of the weight training, to allow you to recover. Only twice a week, at most.

Also, I know that your diet is 95% correct, but I have two things about that. First, if you haven't seen a dietician to assess it, it might be 80% correct, because small things, like portion sizes, timing, substitions, can make a difference.

Then second, when it comes to this last stubborn area, 90% is often not even enough, it needs to be 95% to 100% correct. So I really think you ought to consider seeing a dietician about it, and get a good diet to support your good training.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/17

Reply to fitnessdoc