Question
Posted by: eve | 2009/02/25

Bells Palsy

In 2004 i suffered from you could say a severe case of bells palsy, i had to go to therapy and my face is still not the same anyway i was wondering is there a possibility of getting this so called virus again? i am feeling those odd symptoms again but on my left side, please let me know how i could avoid from getting it again, are there blood tests or something to let me know that its coming on.

Dear Eve
Yes you can get it again, and no, there are no blood tests. Rather see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you have symptoms as they can start treatment early with cortisone