Question
Posted by: ANRE | 2011/11/16

Being the stepmother...

Hi, I would like to find out, if I enter into a relationship / marriage with a man who has a 5 year old boy, are there any classes etc. that we could do etc. to help all of us understand the " stepmother/son"  thing better?

So some kind of psychological class / sessions?

I haven't come aross any such classes, but there are a number of books written to advise stepparents on adapting to this role - search with words like step-parent, step-mother, etc in Amazon and Takealot, and see what alternatives are available for you.
You don't mention if you have a child of your own, but the role needs to be pretty much like being a non-step parent, too, as not being the biological mother doesn't actually change the child's needs or how to meet them

2
Posted by: Lin | 2011/11/16

Phone FAMSA - they have family classes and special ones to introduce " stepparents" 

Reply to Lin