Posted by: ggia | 2009-06-29

Being a house wife

I feel stuck. I am a housewife.... I take care of everything..from cleaning cooking etc.. I get up at 4:30 in the morning...make breakfast etc..feed the dogs...see that hubby gets to work.. then i start my house work... Doesn' t matter how much I clean and tidy up it seems like I have done nothing. Is there a way of getting out of this rut... I don' t have time for myself anymore....

YOu do a vitally important and skilled job, rarely properly appreciated. A counsellor may help, or you may manage on your own, to examine all that you are doing, and to prioritize it and evaluate it. Some may not need to be done at all ; some may not need to be done by you ; some may be preventable ; some may not need to be done so often ; and so on. And then try a re-scheduling, which also includes specific time for You, which is reconized as important and needing to be done. Then work out what can be fitted into such time each day, which you would find refreshing, rewarding, enjoyable. Is there any posibility of getin some help, even one day a week ? Maybe have your husband not only share some of the tasks ( he could help get breakfast, which need not be eleborate to be healthy ) and do some of the rtasks on the weekend ? Is it possible also to plan a holiday break just for you ( maybe once this awful weather is over ) --- even a day at a spa, pampering yourself, or just somewhere peaceful and warm where you can read, or do whatever you find satisfying and calming. You deserve it