Question
Posted by: lebo | 2010/03/03

behavorial pattern

My ex-husband was addicted to dagga,will me child be born with any physical defects or mental illness?

Actually a very complex question. Because obviously the child in the womb can be exposed to any drugs the mother takes, for a longer time and at high concentrations, most research I have seen has concentrated on that aspect of the problem.
Only a little research has ben done looking into the possibility that a child might be affected in some cases where a drug used might have an effect on the man's sperm, and hence on the child. I haven't seen any definite evidence that dagga is a drug with this effect clearly recognized.
So physical defects or mental problems are not likely in the child if you avoid all such substances during the pregnancy, including alcohol, and obviously if the child similarly is not further exposed to them

2
Posted by: Concern | 2010/03/03

Funny u shud ask that both my sons are fine,even though their father drinks and smokes-all kinds.

Make sure he not near u when he smokes and he must never smoke where both of u sleep esp when baby is around.

Congratulations on ur bundle of joy,ur life will never b what it is now!

Reply to Concern