Posted by: minx | 2009-03-02

behaviour switch

Hi Doc and other forum members, I have this guy friend who I have know since Dec last year. He was great, we used to chat about everything, he used to listen, I felt I really connected with him. I went out for drinks and dinner at his place about a week ago and since then he has changed. He is so angry and aggressive all the time. I asked him what is up and he says it is his way of being playful with me, but I cant deal with it. I mean, I cant even talk to him now and he just snaps back at me. There has been nothing physical between us as he says that he does not want meaningless sex and wants something more emotional and I am happy with just being friends with him. But why is he being so otherwise now?? Please help me understand his behaviour. Thanks.

"Playful" is a poor excuse, similar to "I'm just joking!". My rule is --- if he is the only person laughing, it isn't a joke, nor is it playful. WHy not withdraw for a while, being pleasantly but vaguely inavailable, give him time to settle down with whatever else may be troubling him, and leave it to him to return and woo you if he wants to. If he doesn't return, he;s no loss.

Posted by: Odd behaviour | 2009-03-02

Well hats off to the guy who does not want to have meaningless sex. If he does not bat for the " other side"  it is admirable and certainly takes the pressure off you if you are also like minded. Just a nice chatty friendship with no strings attached. I am puzzled at the aggressive bit and him telling you he is being playful ? Huh ? Imagine if he was REALLY aggressive. One cannot be playful and aggressive. His explanation is simply not good enough. Point this out to him and tell him to either change his attitude or you will be obliged to sever your relationship with him.

Reply to Odd behaviour