Posted by: Li | 2009-06-15

Behaviour Problems

I have two dogs: a 3 year old labrador and a 1 year old maltese. When we went away on holiday in December they dug many holes in our garden. That, I can understand because they were bored and lonely but until about 1 month ago they started again.
We haven' t gone on holiday, they get the usual amount of attention. I don' t understand what went wrong. They also started coming into the house and taking toys or clothes from the bedrooms and taking these items outside and chewing them until it' s in small pieces. They also take clothes from the washing line and eat it up. I cannot explain this sudden strange behavior. They are wonderful dogs, but I can' t take it anymore. Please, what can I do to stop them from doing this???

Dear Li

The naughty behaviour is a learned behaviour after you left them alone for that holiday. I would suggest that you consult a local trainer/behaviourist in your area.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-15

Sounds to me like a serious case of boredom. Did you leave the dogs alone at home? (Obviously with someone feeding them...)?

Reply to Chill