Question
Posted by: New kitty owner | 2010-08-02

Beginners questions

Hi, there

I''m a first time kitty owner and bought a 7 week old male tabby cat last week at the pet shop. Haven''t had time yet to look up answers on my questions on your website, so thought its easy just to ask:

1. When and what vaccinations must he get?
2. How old is the best time to sterilize?
3. What age would be best to let him play outside (have been keeping him indoors to get use to our flat. Older cats are also owned by our neighbors...)

Many thanks

Hi there I have posted a fact sheet from Vetstream detailing what the vaccination protects against and vaccination protocol. I would generally castrate a cat from 4-6 months of age. It is a simple procedure with minimal surgical complications. You can let you cat out at around 14 weeks of age - will have acquired adequate immunity by this time. Please slowly introduce to the external environment so that the cat can orientate itself to its suroundings

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-08-02

Reply to CyberVet