Question
Posted by: Paul2020 | 2010/12/21

Beginner - Weight training for Men

Hello,

I am in the 9th week of your Beginner - Weight training for Men Programme, I have really enjoyed it and stuck to it 100% the problem is what happpens when I complete it, have you got a follow on programme I can then start.

Hi Paul

Not for weight training specifically, unfortunately. But I think what you should do is repeat the problem, but look at increasing the weight you're using.

The concept doesn't change, even for those at an intermediate level, only the volume and intensity do. So for example, someone who has developed a sound base and good technique, and wants to kick on and get stronger would repeat the same exercise with either more reps per set (if the focus is not to become bulky, but rather toned), or higher weight (to build muscle).

So my advice is to go back to week 9 once you've finished, and then work on the same exercises, but increase the number of reps if you want to tone, or increase the weight and stick with the 10 to 15 rep range for those exercises.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/12/21

Hi Paul

Reply to fitnessdoc