Posted by: Jackie | 2008-11-02

Beer Tummy

Please can you tell me what is the best/most effective way for my hubby who has no fat anywhere else on his body to shake off a beer belly?

Thank you so much

Dear Jackie
Does your hubby drink a lot of beer? or is his abdominal obesity not linked to drinking beer or other types of alcohol? If he does drink, then it is essential that he cuts out or cuts down on all alcohol to stop this fat accumulation on his stomach. If he is otherwise thin, then the best way to reduce abdominal obesity is to do targeted exercise such as sit-ups to shift this fat. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for a set of exercises that target the tummy. If this does not help, then it may be necessary to consult a surgeon for liposuction to remove the accumulated fat.