Question
Posted by: Anton | 2010/05/19

Beer Allergy

Hi, I have an allergic reaction when I drink beer. Recently I have been eating oats for brakfast and I have a blocked, runny nose most of the time. I would like to know the following:

1. Is there maybe an ingredient in both beer &  oats that triggers the allergy?
2. For how long must I stop eating oats to elliminate it as a possible allergy trigger?

Thx
Anton

Hallo Anton
Oats and beer does not contain the same ingredients (as far as I know :-)
Stop eating it for at least a week to see if you have improvement of your symptoms. You can also have a RAST food allergy test done (blood test) to identify possible allergens

2
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/05/20

Hi Anton

Could it be a gluten allergy - can you eat bread without problems?

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/19

Hallo Anton