Question
Posted by: want to know | 2008/06/04

been spotting for 3 weeks

Recently went on the three month injection. Every odd day, I spot - brown discharge. This has been an ongoing thing for about three weeks. I have no pain. Took two pregnancy test before going on the injection - both negative, so don't think I was pregnant. What could it be. I was using the pill previously and this bing the first time on the injection.

Dear Want to know
The injection can sometimes cause spotting in the first injection cycle - this is not dangerous although irritating. It should go away with time. If it really bothers you, discuss with your doctor, as they can add hormonal treatment if really necessary.