Question
Posted by: Mrs Smith | 2008/06/02

Been on Fertomid, Vaginal Bleeding

I have a daughter of 7, my husband has a son of 13, we have been trying for the past 5 years to fall pregnant but with no results. I am diagnosed with polycystic ovaries syndrome. The gynea has put me on Fertomid 50. This is the first time Im taking it and also the first of the 3 month cycle. I took medication as instructed and now 15 days after starting the course Im having vaginal bleeding. it is not like a period it was heavy the first day but now it is just spotting after 2 days. Did I have a period. As per doctors instructions I should be in the period where I am ovulating and not be having a period. Is this normal? My doctor said that I should take the 5 tablets starting on my 5th day of a period and then after taking the Fertomid I will be ovulating +-6 days after that. At the time of starting the fertomid I did not have a period for 4months already and i wasnt pregnant. If my calculations are correct I should be in my ovulation cycle and not menstruating. Can you please tell me what is happening and I it is normal.

Your gynaecologist should really be monitoring your cycle with scans. It is difficult to say what this is. It could be an ovulation bleed, or it could be that the Fertomid has stimulated the womb lining which has not been shed for 4 months.
You will have to go back to your doctor to get a definite answer.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/14

My husband and I have been trying to to get pregnant for six years with no luck, my doctor prescribe fertomid 50 as he said it will help with ovulation after taking fertomid I got light spots for five days and after mi periods were heavy with clots and craps,,,is there a chance of getting pregnant with this fertomid

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/14