Question
Posted by: Juanita | 2008/06/30

Bee-Sting

hi, i had a bee sting a week ago. not allergic to it apperently, but i have swelling around the area and its been itching ever since. i got cortisone cream from the chemist, but why am i having this reaction if i'm not allergic to bee sting? the sewlling is red and warm all the time, with a "hole" in the middle. please give me some explanation.
thank you!
Juanita

Hallo Juanita
Although you are probably not "allergic" to bee stings, the sting itself can cause inflammation and secondary infection. Try treating with Bactroban ointment and Voltaren jel. You may need to take something like Allergex tablets too.

1
Posted by: narduds | 2008/11/07

I stood on a bee last night. got the pain and swelling in the foot, normal stuff, wake up this morning and have a shooting pain up the leg and the pain in the foot is worse. Please advice if I should go to see a doctor.

Reply to narduds