Posted by: Layla | 2012-04-24

Bedweeting and no sleeping

i got a almost 5 year old boy who started wetting bed at night and does not want to sleep in his own bed anymore.
I wake up at 12 to take him to the toilet so he can pee but before i get there some nights he is already wet and wants to sleep in my bed. Last night hhe came to my room 4 times and everytime i see him i take him back to his room. I got a bed light on for him + we got a little dog that sleeps odd times with him and he never had a problem with sleep and bed wetting only started about a year ago and it went away a few days then its back but recently it everydays story. is there any thing i can give him in to make him stop wetting the bed and to sleep through the night. im 5 months pegnant now and need my rest aswell cause when he climbs into bed with me he always kicks me in the tummy or in the back.
Please help as im dont know what to do anymore i even had him on rescue.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Little boys get bladder control much later than little girls. Ten percent of boys are still wetting the bed by 10 years of age! But eventually it will go away.

In the meantime, he is feeling bad about it, and you don't want to start giving him inferiority feelings about something which is completely normal.

Reassure him that it is OK. Make sure he has a change of linen handy, so that he can change the bed himself, and then get back into his own bed. If you do anything at all, you can then praise him for being such a clever chap that he can handle this problem without you. If he can get into his own warm, dry bed, he will not need to be in yours.