Posted by: missy | 2012-05-14

bed wetting

hi Doc

wat makes a grown up wet a bed? I have a boyfriend who wets the bed but it only happens we we out partying then come back home after a few drinks! welll it happens once then i thought it was just a mistake then happen again thats when i thought he had a problem, when i think back his bed still had a plastic cover that comes the bed whe its new then he went shopping for a new bed and bought a matress protector! so am thinking that he has had this problem for a while. and its so irritating for me waking up in a wet bed, and its not easy for me to confront him i feel like i will embarrase him!

please help

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The first thing to consider would be a structural abnormality in the urinary system, and he should see a urologist about it. It would be most unusual for this to be purely a sleep-related issue.