Question
Posted by: chantelle | 2010-09-16

bed

i had my second baby a year ago and ever since then i have been suffering from all the symtoms mentioned above. i know i need help but where do i start? do i go and see my gp first or do i do something else. i hate not being incontrol of my eating habits and this depressed feeling is even worse. please i am crying out for help!!!

Dear Chantelle
I hear your cry for help. You did not describe the symptoms you are suffering from, but I surmise that you eat compulsively and are suffering from depression? Is this correct? I think you should first consult a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you) before you do anything else. The psychologist will assess what is causing your depression and assist you to take control of the situation. He/she will also be able to refer you to a medical doctor, if this should prove necessary. Once you have your psychological problems sorted out at which stage you may well be able to control your eating, you can also consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with a well balanced diet.
But please see a psychologist first because the dietary assistance will not be successful if you have an underlying psychological problem that counteracts attempts to get you eating a balanced diet or to lose weight.
Hang in there

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-17

Dear Chantelle
Hang in there