Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2010/09/06

Becoming fit

Hi, I am a small built person, thin as well. I notice that I am getting a bit fat around my legs and bum which is not firm at all, how do I get a firm body without losing too much weight??

Hi Amanda

Exercise, simple answer. I'm not sure if you're currently training, but exercise helps a lot. If you are gaining fat, then it's because your energy intake exceeds your output. Genetics determines where that weight is stored. The only way to stop that is to either cut on the diet and reduce energy intake, or to add to energy use through training. Exercise offers the advantage that you also tone and improve muscle definition, which is obviously what you're after as well.

So walking, cycling, running, taebo etc are the way to go! There are programmes on the site, on the fitness page, with all these options covered.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/13

Hi Amanda

Reply to fitnessdoc