Posted by: Debbie Bruyns | 2013-01-23

Becoming a nutritionist / dietitian

Hi there, I would like to study to become a nutritionist / dietitian but being a single mom I will not be able to attend full time University. I''m looking into studying Bachelors of Consumer science - Food &  Nutrition through Unisa. Will I be able to after finishing this degree maybe do extra courses in order to become a nutritionist?
Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply!!
Kind Regards

Dear Debbie
I would recommend that you phone the Association for Dietetics in SA (ADSA) Head Office at (011) 061-5000 during office hours and ask if this B. Consumer Science from UNISA plus additional post-graduate courses will meet the requirements for registration as a nutritionist.
Good luck with your future career and best wishes for your studies.