Question
Posted by: Zodwa | 2012/02/15

Beauty steps

Dear Doc

As per my understanding, the good beauty step should be:
- Was your face with cleanser/ facial soap
- Apply toner
- Apply moisturise
- Apply day cream and sun cream of SP50 or above, at least twice a day (during the day)/ and apply Night cream at night.
- Scrub/ exfoliate once a week.

Please confirm that these are correct steps to follow. I am 36 years old and have a dry skin.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Zodwa, thank you for the question.

The best approach would be to examine your skin before deciding on the best topical regime for you; generally speaking your regime is spot on. I am not a believer in toners but there is no harm in using them. My only advice would be not to exfoliate or use facial scrubs as this may upset the natural acid balance of the skin leading to excessive oiliness or dryness. It would be better to consider using a face wash that contains alphahydroxy acids such as glycolic acid or betahydroxy acids such as salicylic acid. If the dryness of your skin persists my advice would be to consult with a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can direct you on the right path.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/02/18

Hi Zodwa, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert