Question
Posted by: Carly | 2012/10/24

Be Warned - an SMS scam?

I don''t know where to put this but hopefully lots of people will spread the word:

I received SMS''s saying how sexy I am, that the guy fancies me but cannot identify himself because he does not know if I have a boyfriend and when I didn''t respond " are you interested" .
This may be one of those scams to access detail/sim since the number goes straight to voicemail.
Your own name is used - obviously because most people leave their name on their voicemail recording.

Report it immediately.

Good question from 40''ish - where does one usefully report such suspicious behaviour ?
Its wise to adopt a default position of NEVER EVER responding to any such message from someone you don't know. You avoid a range of troubles and never miss out on anything good

3
Posted by: Purple | 2012/10/26

I''m sorry but if someone is stupid enough to fall for this kind of thing then its their own fault.

If people weren''t so gullible it wouldn''t pay for people to try these scams.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: 40''ish | 2012/10/25

report it where?

Reply to 40''ish