Question
Posted by: Mustang | 2010-12-07

BDSM

Hi Doctor

My partner is very into bdsm, and has asked me to tie her up with rope on our next encounter. I have never done this before, can you assist me in letting know of some ways to use rope. She has done this before and I dont want to look like a novice.

Dear Mustang,

I would not be able to answer your question in sufficient detail in this forum. There have been a number of books published on this subject and a number of websites that address your question. There are also a number of safety factors to consider as well. I would suggest you read more about the subject at more length than could be addressed in this forum.

I could suggest some book titles:
Consensual Sadomasochism: How to Talk About It & How to Do It Safely by William Henkin & Sybil Holiday

Bound to be Free: The SM Experience by Charles Moser & JJ Madeson

Ties that Bind by Guy Baldwin

Sadomasochism: Powerful Pleasures by Peggy Kleinplatz & Charles Moser

4
Posted by: Mustang | 2010-12-08

Thank you very much doc, woman your advice was great thanks I did take it all down. Thank you very much

Reply to Mustang
Posted by: Health24 Admin | 2010-12-08

Hello Woman,

We absolutely employ people to go through each and every post on the Expert forums.

Because we are an accredited health site, and people rely on the information to be vetted by health professionals, it would be irresponsible and downright dangerous for us to neglect our duty in this area.

We know that you''re aware that we delete whole threads of chat and not just individual commenters - we also leave threads up if the Expert has already given a reply, and the subject is relatively safe.

Our many years of forum experience has given us quite an accurate feel for what might be taken up incorrectly by users and what could be harmfully misused.

Re the chat forums, there are some very vibrant forums and others that are less so - that depends solely on whether readers make use of them or not.

Thank you for writing to Health24.

Reply to Health24 Admin
Posted by: Woman | 2010-12-08

Yes, I understand, but honestly, isn''t it draconian to remove postings that were helpful? as long as you''re not propositioning or being gross or crossing the line with language use, which I was not, in my answer to this question, what is the harm? It''s just an opinion, after all, since we established long ago that I am not a medical expert, I don''t deny it. But people like my advice, so where is the harm here?

And frankly, the chat forums suck big time (sorry, but it''s true)

If you do not encourage opinions and debates on the expert forum, media 24 should really take away the " post reply"  part of the experts pages. Does that not make more sense? I mean do you actually employ people who trawl the expert forums like prefects who monitor all posts? Sounds like a waste of money &  time to me.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Woman | 2010-12-07

sigh - they don't much like me, I'm afraid... It was satin, but silk will do just fine :)

(Health24 Admin:

it's okay, we can repeat that this is an Expert Forum, accredited by the International HON code as a bona fide medical site - and that we provide chat forums for users to talk to one another - see "Community forums".

We like all our users, but we know that you understand that this is a legal issue, and you would hate for us to lose our accrediation through incorrect use of an expert forum).

Reply to Woman