Posted by: N | 2009-08-11

BBT vs App with Gynae

Hoping you can help explain the following. I have been charting my temps in the process of trying to conceive. I have been suffering from cysts. My gynae then puts me on the pill and that clears the cyst. Went for my check up on day 17 (3DPO - 26 day cycle). He did an internal scan and said the cyst had gone but through the scan , looking at my uterus, follicle etc he said he would see I must have had my period recently - like in the last week - I told him I had my period 17 days ago. He then said my follicle was 9mm and that I should be ovulating soon and that he puts me on CD10/11. According to my BBT chart I already had ovulated on CD14. This is all confusing ? What could cause this discrepancy ?? He has ordered me to do the 21 day blood test this month as our information was so different. Currently CD3 and had a really light period for the 2nd month (1 - 2 day).

Thank you for your time.

The D21 progesterone will tell if you ovulated or not. BBTs are a guide but are not very accurate.