Posted by: Sammy | 2008-12-18

BBT &  trying to conceive- please Help!l

Good day Doc

I would like to know more about charting temp to conceive but confused on what your temp should be on waking/rest. I read the normal temp is 37 degrees C in humans and cools down at night and should be lower on waking. My temp in the past week has been 36.9 /37.0 when I take it at 5.30 am,is this normal or just too high for early morning, during the day it does go to 37.4/5. I did not start taking temp in beginning of cycle, I am sure I ovulated about 9/10th Dec as I have an 28 day cycle and started noting temp on Saturday(13th).
I am now on CD23,period due 24th Dec but hoping I have conceived as I have had intercourse 5 days &  2days before ovulation and on day ofov ovulation

I usually have pms symptoms by this time a few days after ovulation but this time nothing and period due in 6days so trying not to get too hopeful cause last month nothing happened and got disappointed but still keeping the faith

In all of that I would just like clarity what normal body temp is and what average waking temp would be and how do i use temp closer to period due date to know if conceived or not.
One last Q is about the position of the Cervix post ovulation,mine is low again but the strangest thing is the position of the shape and angel of the opening! Apologies for been graphic but my cervix almost always has a point and cone like feel to it before and after ovulation and can feel the tip/opening facing down. This month after ovulation it almost feels flatter yet firm and the tip/opening lying to the right and have to really feel to find it,I noticed this cause I' ve become very familiar with the positioning and mucus changes over the last year.

Apologies for the long question but really want a baby and willing to do all I can I am only 28years old and have very regular periods.

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo

Posted by: FAIRY | 2008-12-21

Hi, I am 33 years old and have been trying to conceive for the past 3 years but no luck at all. I do have 1 son who is 13. Would love to have another one. I have been on Clomid but nothing has happened yet. My cycle changes all the time. This month I was 5 days late, had very painful periods, whole womb was sore. Period lasted for 10 days. Please help. My biological clock is ticking. Any suggestions what i could do. Hubby did semen test, he is perfect.

Reply to FAIRY