Question
Posted by: KE | 2011-01-26

BB?

I am new to some stuff so have lots to learn about but can someone tell me what BB stands for? I was chatting to a guy on Gaydar and he asked if I BB, when asked what that means he called me an idiot and cut me off.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi KE and thanks for posting. Yes, BB stands for 'bareback', and refers to unprotected anal sex. Which means very high risk sex because semen in the rectum poses a very high risk for HIV transmission due to the high viral concentration in that body fluid.

BB is a common practice, for several complex reasons. One is an increasingly prevalent fetish related to semen, another is 'condom fatigue' (guys getting bored with having to use condoms every time they have sex) and another is that some guys simply don't care.

Use of recreational substances such as alcohol, dope, poppers and crystal meth result in disinhibition and bb sex.

Be wary of engaging in bb sex with anyone, even guys you may know well and guys who claim to be HIV negative: most gay men don't REALLY know their HIV status, and most new infections occur from someone who has been newly infected and may not even know himself that he's positive.

This is because the concentration of the virus in the body increases sharply soon after infection, before it settles down and then slowly increases again over time.

I must thank Lonewolf, Deeve and Gareth for your consistent and impressive responses on the forum. In fact I think you guys kept the forum going while I was away. Please keep those responses coming!

7
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2011-02-01

Don’ t forget Syphilis guys  that ugly little bacterial infection that sometimes hide behind other illnesses. It has been around for millennia. It sometimes hides in the body for years and sometimes decades before manifestation. People do not even know they have it or where on earth they got it. X sleeps with Y and he slept with Q who 5 years ago slept with Z etc. Get the picture? Many doctors and even specialist do look for it, and treat patient’ s symptoms that look like something else. Then it goes into hiding again. It is deadly (if left untreated) just as HIV. It happens in stages and the finals stage is usually madness of some sort as it affects the brain. Read up on the net about it a bit. I like fun and hate crying wolf, but this is reality. Have a look

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: BB no more | 2011-01-31

I used to bareback whenever I could because it had a certain thrill to it. However, the more I did it, the more nervous I started getting and not enjoying the sex. Eventually, out of worry, I was running off to do an HIV test at least once a month.

Then... horrors, I discovered I had caught both Chlamydia AND Gonnorrhea along the way. Very unpleasant and horrible. Fortunately it was not HIV that I caught, but it could so easily have been with so many HIV positive people living in South Africa and the highest relative percentage living in the gay community.

So I was VERY lucky not to get infected with HIV (I know 3 people who have been infected one of whom committed suicide).

The Chlamidia and Gonnorrhea caused thick -|- , messy discharges from my penis, bleeding in my urine, prostate irritation and urethral scarring (resulting in permanent difficulty peeing and possible infertility).

I can assure you, the bareback thrills I once enjoyed did not equal in pleasure to what the consequences were (and definitely not to what could have been).

The best advice is to treat every guy as a potential HIV carrier. Nothing goes into a warm squishy place without covering it up first, no matter if you''re topping or bottoming! HIV is no joke, not " something that happens to other people" .

By the question alone, it sounds like the guy is into something that makes him the real fool, and he could very likely have any number Sexually Transmitted Infections already. You'd be wise to steer clear of his type!

Good luck and God Bless.

Reply to BB no more
Posted by: KE | 2011-01-27

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your frank and open responses which is great.

Reply to KE
Posted by: Gareth | 2011-01-27

Agree with Deeve. Be very careful who you meet on these sites. Guys like this one for example, is only there to look for sexual partners.

And however erotic BB seems to some, it remains so so dangerous. Especially if you don't know the guy at all.

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Deeve | 2011-01-27

I wonder who was the idiot? !! You best stay far away from Guys asking such questions in this day and age! Also take care in who and where you meet Guys that you may befriend on these sites.
D

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: gay, lesbian and bisexual expert | 2011-01-27

Reply to gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2011-01-26

BB stands for bareback sex. No condom. It is usually in relation to anal sex without a condom. Much more prevelant in the gay community than many think.

Reply to LONEWOLF