Our expert says:
Although you shouldn't expect miracles, some have found this combo to work really well - its definitely worth a try.
Re the bay rum: You'll only need about 15ml, and yes - it is safe.
This is what a reader posted some years ago:
Go to the chemist and get bergamot essence, placenta and bay rum.
1. Pour a little of the placenta in your shampoo.
2. Pour the bergamot essence into the placenta bottle.
3. Fill up the empty bergamot bottle ampule with bay rum and pour it into the placenta bottle. Shake well before spraying onto your scalp every evening and massage a little. You leave this on, don't rinse off.
4. Then you can also pour one small bottle (use the empty bergamot essence one) bay rum into your shampoo and one into your conditioner. Mix it well and use as you normally do.
5. You can also together with all this pour 2-3 drops pure rosemary oil into your shampoo (don' t mix it with your conditioner though, just the shampoo). This also improves hair growth and it will make your hair shine.
* The placenta mixture will make your hair grow faster. Bay rum also makes your hair thicker. And it smells really good:)
* Don' t worry if your shampoo is now a little " liquidy" because of the little bit of placenta mixed with it, it still does the job.
* Remember to shake your shampoo and conditioner before using it!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.