Question
Posted by: lolo | 2012-05-07

bayrum

i needed something that could help with hair loss, then someone recommended a mixture of bayrum, placenta and Bergamont essence. does it work and is bay rum safe?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Lolo

Although you shouldn't expect miracles, some have found this combo to work really well - its definitely worth a try.
Re the bay rum: You'll only need about 15ml, and yes - it is safe.

This is what a reader posted some years ago:

Go to the chemist and get bergamot essence, placenta and bay rum.

1. Pour a little of the placenta in your shampoo.
2. Pour the bergamot essence into the placenta bottle.
3. Fill up the empty bergamot bottle ampule with bay rum and pour it into the placenta bottle. Shake well before spraying onto your scalp every evening and massage a little. You leave this on, don't rinse off.
4. Then you can also pour one small bottle (use the empty bergamot essence one) bay rum into your shampoo and one into your conditioner. Mix it well and use as you normally do.

5. You can also together with all this pour 2-3 drops pure rosemary oil into your shampoo (don' t mix it with your conditioner though, just the shampoo). This also improves hair growth and it will make your hair shine.

* The placenta mixture will make your hair grow faster. Bay rum also makes your hair thicker. And it smells really good:)
* Don' t worry if your shampoo is now a little " liquidy" because of the little bit of placenta mixed with it, it still does the job.
* Remember to shake your shampoo and conditioner before using it!

9
Posted by: Nombu. | 2015-06-20

ohk...so basically this mixture is for washing of hair not to be used as your daily hair food or moisturiser, sorry I a bit low understanding on how to use the three. (PLACENTA, BAY BUM AND GERAMONT)

Reply to Nombu.
Posted by: Carol | 2015-03-12

I have used this mixture for just over a year now. different method of application and mixture than is stated above, however all the same..IT WORKS!!!! hair has grown, texture is even softer, nicer, MUCH healthier hair.

Reply to Carol | 1 comment (hide)

Hi Carol, what is your mixture of the bergemot, bayrum and placenta.. I'm struggling to get it right without making it too oily. Please thanx

I want to use this mixture on my 4year olds hair and I wanted to know if it won't damage her hair in the long run.

Can you use this solution on a 3year old child

Posted by: Cecilia | 2014-06-19

If you use this mixture every night do you wash the hair every morning?

Reply to Cecilia
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012-05-08

Hi Lolo

Reply to pharmacist | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Pam | 2015-12-11

I am using exactly as mentioned. Added to placenta 1 bottle bergamont essence and 1 bottle bay rum. Then added 1 bottle bergamont essence to shampoo and conditioner. Spray on placenta mixiture every morning and evening. But my scalp is terribly itchy. Can you please tell me why.