Question
Posted by: Zinny | 2012-02-02

Battling to shed weight

I''m battling to lose weight, I''m currently 1.75m tall and weight 85kg. I gain weight more on the waist line and thighs. I do exercise but whenever I don''t see results I give up.

Please advise.

Dear Zinny
At present your BMI = 27,8 which is above the upper level of normal weight. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24, you would need to weigh 73 kg (thus a loss of 12 kg). To achieve this type of weightloss it is advisable to add a balanced slimming diet to the exercise you do. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day in addition to other types of exercise that target your waist line and thighs.
You should become motivated when you start losing weight.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-02-02

Dear Zinny