Question
Posted by: Bigeasy | 2012/01/14

BATTLING TO LOSE WEIGHT

Hi Doc and fellow forumists! I m 36 years old and my height is about 1.85 and weigh 103 KG. I have joined local gym in October 2011 and i do mostly Cardio exercises like bicycle (30 minutes), Treadmill running for 15-20 minutes and other for 20 minutes. I do sweat a lot but surprisingly I do nt seem to be winning in shedding the few kilos. I have not lose even a single KG. I watch what I eat and I avoid at all all fatty staff like cheese, viannas, pizza etc. So my question is that is there anything I m doing wrong or I am being impatient. Please advise.

Dear BigEasy
Your current BMI = 30.1, so it would be good if you could start losing weight. If you can reduce your weight down to 85 kg, you would have a normal BMI of 25 again. Although exercise is highly beneficial for weightloss, it is best to combine your exercise with an energy-reduced diet. If you started doing your exercise in October 2011, then you should by now have lost at least a few kg. Please try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), or consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area)for an individual diet prescription.
I do hope that you will now start losing weight.

1

Dear BigEasy