Question
Posted by: Mel | 2011-09-23

Battling to lose weight

I am a 47 year old woman and i believe I am about 8kgs over weight. I reached my goal weight in November 2008, having lost 12,6kgs with the help of WeighLess. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in keeping it off and have slowly gained the now 8kgs that I''m over! But this time, following same formula as in 2008, I am really battling. Some weeks not losing, some weeks losing a mere gram or more! Why is that?? And what can I do to improve my obviously dead metabolism?
Your help, suggestions and advise would be appreciated, please?
thank

Dear Mel
I am sorry to hear that the Weigh-Less approach is not working this time around. I presume you are 'going it alone'? If so, you may find that re-registering with the organisation may help because having weekly support actually encourages slimmers to lose more weight than when they try to lose weight on their own. If you do return to Weigh-Less you could also ask the counsellor why you are not losing and if she/he needs to adjust the diet.
The very best metabolic stimulant available, is to do aerobic exercises (e.g. running, jogging, brisk walking, rowing, skipping, swimming, or cycling or joining a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min or more a day. Select a type of aerobic exercise that suits your situation and start gradually and then increasing how long and hard you exercise as you get fitter.
I do hope this will help.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-09-23

Dear Mel
I do hope this will help.