Question
Posted by: Magda | 2009-08-31

Battling to loose

I have been struggling with my weight after my first childs birth 7 years ago. No matter what product or support group I use, I just cant seem to get the exess weight off. I start good and within 4-5 weeks everything just keeps going against me. What am a women to do if you dont feel good about yourself and would really like to make things work in regards to weightloss. I have even tried sureslim but then as mentioned before I had to put my family first due to situations and now I am more demotimated than ever before. Is there any help out there that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

Dear Magda
Why don't you use a balanced diet that the whole family can eat? and make a plan to do some exercise every day? Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day. Don't even mention to the family that you are going to eat this type of diet, just make the changes gradually because I suspect that they are sabotaging your attempts to spend time on yourself and improve your situation. The next time there is a conflict between your attempts at slimming or exercise, tell them they must assist you in your endeavours if they want you to assist them with their problems. Don't make a doormat out of yourself. You deserve to spend time on your own life and happiness.