Posted by: Tabitha jane | 2009-04-01

Battled to sleep since a very young age!

I battle to fall alseep every night of my life. I always try to relax and clear my head but it always takes me atleast 3 to 4 hours to fall asleep if im lucky otherwise i end up not sleeping at all or just catching a couple hours of sleep at night. I also get very hot when i sleep, come summer, come winter, i always seem to get incredibly hot!!!! This may not sound like a big problem but i never feel rested and my body aches all the time as im never comfortable when i sleep. I have tried everything, i dont beleive in sleeping tablets and wont take them as i have a very addictive personality and dont want to get hooked. what must i do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Firstly, decide what time you would like to get up in the morning. Then go to bed 6 hours before that. You need to stick to these times seven days a week. It is better to get up and read if you are not asleep within about 20 minutes, rather than to toss and turn all night. You may need to put on a fan to keep you cool at night.

If this does not work, you will need to consult somone about your problem.