Question
Posted by: Anonymous? | 2010/04/29

Bathing a cat?

The subject says it all? Can you wash a cat? Sometimes the fur feels dirty when you stroke it and when she sits on the linen and scratches herself, there''s sand on the linen. How often can you wash a cat, is it possible or not?

Dear Anon

If you want to every 2 weeks. You get special cat shampoos.

5
Posted by: Tamara | 2010/05/24

Heya, you are able to wash a cat, as often as you think necessary
Best way to do it without getting scratched (although it sounds cruel) is to pick it up by it''s neck as a mother would and make the water " luke"  warm and bath it as though it is being bathed by it''s mum
I was my cat at least once a month and have found this works best

Reply to Tamara
Posted by: F | 2010/04/30

I bath my 2 cats. Their Birmans. They love the bathing bit - I use a hand shower but they hate to be dried with the hair dryer. They have been bathing since they were kittens once a month.

Reply to F
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2010/04/29

I used to bath my white cats years ago with the hekp of my domestic (and a lot of trouble). To thank me they used to come home pitch black straight thereafter.

I also tried to bath a black cat with my husband about 15 years ago - we still bear the scars today and the bathroom was a mess. Good luck.
PS You can always take the cat to a professional groomer!

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Mary | 2010/04/29

We have bathed our cats before, they don''t like it but my mother used to bath her Siamese especially. If you don''t do it too often, it should be fine i would think

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/29

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet