Question
Posted by: Annette | 2011/08/04

Basset

I have a male Basset and female Labrador. The Basset is extremely jealous of her and dominates her totally. If I give him attention and she enters the room he attacks her.How can I stop him from being so impossible?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Annette, I am afraid this is a situation where you are going to need professional help, not one to be answered on a forum - too in-depth and animals behaviour must be observed as well as owners interaction with dogs. I really would suggest that you get help as soon as possible, as unfortunately a situation such as you describe can quickly escalate and serioud damage can occur. Have a look at www.animal-behaviour.org.za for an accredited behaviourist in your area. If you cant find one nearby, please contact me via my email and i will do all i can to assistl Thks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/08/05

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert