Question
Posted by: Heila | 2011/11/01

Basic self-defence

I am so afraid with all the violent crime I read and hear about. As a 40+ woman, what is the most basic self-defence training/skill I can get?

I have also seen that we might not be allowed to carry pepper spray according to the law - is this true?

thank you

Expert ImageSelf defence expert

Hi Heila,

Thank you for your post. One cannot live in fear, but in the same breath you would be stupid not to involve yourself with realistic self defence training as according to statistics we do have a problem with crime in this country. We all know how far out the statistics are so yes it is even more alarming. But you can do something about it instead of most South Africans just sitting back and waiting to become a statistic or victim of violent crime. Doesn't matter what the law says the criminal will always attack you 9 out of 10 times with an illegal weapon. So you do whatever is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones. You rather get judged by twelve than carried by six!
There are many Self Defence schools out there which you can join, instructional DVD's, Workshops etc.

Please contact us on (031) 903 7616 or email info@combatcoaching.com and we will assist you with the needed information.

Stay Safe & Be a Hard target!
Morne
www.CombatCoaching.com

1
Posted by: self defence expert | 2011/11/23

Hi Heila,

Stay Safe & Be a Hard target!
Morne
www.CombatCoaching.com

Reply to self defence expert