Posted by: Marisca | 2012-11-13

Basal Cell Carcinoma

Dear Doctor,

I am 27 years old and female. I have noticed last month that I have a type of pimple on my stomach. Recently I noticed that it got bigger and doesn''t look like a pimple but a type of a sore. I have a photo of it to give an indication of what it looks like. My husband also saw it and said I must go check it out. I realized that i have a family history of cancer and just want to check if this is a possibility of skin cancer that i''m developing.
From my mother''s side: my Grandmother passed away from womb cancer, two of my uncles passed away from throat cancer, the other uncle had colon cancer and recently diagnosed cancer-free, and then the last uncle passed away last month from liver cancer. My mother is the only one that didn''t get cancer (yet). I''m afraid that i might get cancer so i really need your help.I''m also 14 weeks 2 days pregnant and afraid that my unborn child might be in danger if it is cancer. Your resonse wil be highly appreciated.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Marisca, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but we have just recently arrived from our London practice.

Congratulations for the pregnancy and I wish all the best for you, the baby, and the rest of the family.
I would definitely have the lesion checked by a dermatologist; it is most probably nothing to worry about but one should be 100% sure especially with the pregnancy and the strong family histrory.