Posted by: tracey | 2012-03-20

basal cell carcinoma

I had a superficial basal cell carcinoma cut out of my chest about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The biopsy came back as positive but superficial. I would have expected the wound to have healed but to me it looks just like it did before the op and it is sore and irritating as before. Eg if I rub anything on like tissue oil or suncream it feels sore and even my clothes irritate it. Could it not be gone? Sometimes there is like a dull ache there too! I went to my house doc, should I perhaps have gone to a dermatologist. Don''t know what to do

I strongly suggest that you reconsult your doctor or to consult a dermatologist for a second opinion. It is possible that the basal cell carcinoma has regrown and that a wider surgical excision of the lesion will have to be done.