Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-17

Basal Cell Carcinoma

I just found out that i have basal cell carcinoma on my forehead above my left eye, i am a 26 year old female

they have ordered some cream for me to use and if that doesnt work they will have to cut.

I have a few questions i hope you could answer for me:
1) I have read the side effects of the cream are unpleasant what exactly can i expect in terms of side effects?
2) Does this then increase my risk of other forms of cancer?
3) Should i be taking extra precautions such as avoiding the sun, wearing suncream and hats etc?
4) Should i be avoiding any other products such as make up or moisturising cream?
5) How long should it take this cream to work?

Dear Anon
Please let me know what cream they prescribed?
If you have a basal cell carcinoma ( which should ideally be cut out or frozen with liquid nitrogen) your risk for melanoma is also high and you should avoid the sun, wear sunscreen ( factor 30 at least) and hat. You need not avoid make-up or moisturizing cream