Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2011-09-29

Barking dog

My dog bark continuously when friends are swimming in the pool.
Will a mussle prevent it from barking or what can I do?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Kevin, you have no idea how many people ask me this! The easiest way is to use management and put the dog in another area with a nice big Ox Femur to keep him occupied. Doing this will make him think of the being put away as a rewarding experience instead of a negative one. If you go this route, then the bone is ONLY given when he is put away and he does not have access to it at other times.
The muzzle may well just up the excitement levels and frustrate him more.
You can also go the route of training him to be quiet when this happens, but this takes much longer and involves a reasonable amount of work on your side. If you want to go this route, let me know and will tell you how.
Thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Sharon | 2011-10-21

bark when i am not home

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011-09-30

Thanks Scotty

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert