Posted by: Alicia | 2012-11-28

barking barking barking

Hi there,

We have a 4 month old Pomeranian pup. He is extremely small.
He barks at EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. It is quite obvious that he is scared, as the barking is high pitched and " scream"  like.

It is really annoying and embarrassing.

How can we help him be more comfortable and self assured?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Alicia, a situation like this really does need somebody to come in and help you, preferable somebody that does TTouch as well to help to lower this little one's stress levels. When we are stressed to this extreme it is totally impossible for us to learn anything new.
Please get in touch with me at with where you stay and I will find some body in your area who can help. You also need to raise yourself in the combined hierarchy which will help the little one feel more secure.
The trouble with this behaviour (and bully for you for recognizing that this little dog is acting our of fear by the way!)is that it tends to get worse and you could end up with a fear biter on your hands and the fear extending to other things as well. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you, S

Posted by: kiana mesa | 2013-01-31

I need advice:

I have a working K9. I like to play rough with him. German shepard dog.
When i played with my dog he likes to play with me lifting him off the ground and releasing him down so he would land in his feet.l When i took him to the veterinan they discovered a odd shape type of lump. He prescribed pain killer. He wants to do a xray to see further. Should i get second opion?. I mean , i didn''t kick the dog, nor was he acking that he showed any pain. I just wanted to have him checked. Is this some type of blessing in desicezed.

Reply to kiana mesa