Question
Posted by: mandy | 2011/02/16

Barking

I have a pug who barks for no reason at all!!! i have tried pretty much everything!!!! pls help!!!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Mandy, thats a pretty tall order without having any background on the dog! Normally dogs bark when they are bored, frustrated and even stressed (believe it or not, the constant barking calms them down), or when they are receiving attention for barking. To a dog, attention is attention whether negative or positive, so rather than shouting at the dog (which we all do sometimes), rather ignore the behaviour and walk away. Make sure the dog is getting enough mental and physical stimulation and going for walks, has chew toys to entertain it at home etc. See how that goes and if you dont come right, please contact me again and let me know if there is any patterns to the behaviour i.e. before meals, when you come home, when visitors arrive etc and we can add in some more things for you to do. Good luck! thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/02/16

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert