Question
Posted by: BARF | 2009/01/19

BARF diet

Hi There
What is your opinion on the BARF diet for dogs? We are considering it as our dog is suffering from severe skin allergies and no amount of special vet food is making a difference.
We have been told she is allergic to beef, chicken etc and that we must stick to one kibble that is fish based, with no extras in her diet.
Do you think this BARF diet may help? I have friends who swear by it.

Dear BARF

To rule out a food allergy the best diet for a diagnoses is Hills z/d. Personally I would do this first before trying anything else. The BARF diet is labour intensive and not the best way to resolve a food allergy.